Creating and implementing the milk procurement strategy for the organization.
• Ensuring timely procurement of milk in the right quality, quantity and cost across
locations while managing seasonality.
• Managing overall procurement operations across all chilling centres and ensuring
adherence to applicable laws as well as continuous improvement in operating
efficiencies and quality of milk.
• Analyzing cost of procured milk across locations and implementing strategies to
minimize cost through timely tie-ups.
• Analysis of current data and prediction of procurement situation across India.
• Taking timely call on buying, selling and stock levels of butter and smp.
• Identifying new areas and channels of milk procurement to support current and future
• Designing procurement policies and processes as required and monitoring adherence
to existing policies by the entire procurement team.
• Preparation of budgets for the procurement team and reviewing compliance on an
• Developing a strong procurement team through continuous training and feedback on
best practices around milk procurement.
• Designing and executing outreach programs like veterinary camps to create goodwill
and brand recall among milk suppliers.
• Driving sales of LSL products and cattle feed via procurement channel in rural areas.
• Liaisoning with government agencies and continuous external benchmarking to
understand ongoing market practices and its implications on milk procurement.