|Job Title||Head - Retail|
|Start Date||27-Jan 2020|
|Experience||15 - 20 Years|
|Age||40 - 50 Years|
|Annual CTC||20 - 24 (INR Lacs)|
|Department||Sales / Business Development / Client Servici|
|Industry||Gems & Jewellery|
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the COO and coordinates with Heads of various Operating and Support Functions to communicate the company’s strategy, business priorities and targets to showrooms, ASMs and Sr. Manager-Retail Sales and ensures there are systems in place to enable the showroom managers to receive information and act on them in a timely manner.
- Influences and supports the Annual Operating Planning process ensuring understanding and buy in from the Retail Sales team – Sr. Manager-Retail Sales, ASM, Store Managers. Constantly reviews financial data and supports the Retail Sales team in providing realistic input to the sales targets
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operations within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit
- Ensures that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Ensures all new showroom proposals meet the required return on investment prior to submitting any recommendations to the Management; all new showroom locations must be visited to ensure they will trade effectively and meet the proposed budgets
- Works with HR to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to. Chairs disciplinary, grievance, capability hearings and appeals as required.
- To be responsible for achievement of projected Gross Margins from Gold, Diamond, Platinum and Silver divisions by involving in the pricing of both product divisions
|Req. Industry Exposure|
- Overall operational efficiency of all the showrooms through effective controls in all areas of showroom operations
- Keeping showroom operating expenses within planned budget – as per Annual Operating Plan – under each expense head in coordination with Finance and Accounts through effective control over petty cash expenses and overall operating expenditure of the showrooms
- Control General Stores (Retail) functioning and Purchase Requisitioning of Showroom consumables to ensure that required stock of Packaging and other consumable materials are maintained in the showrooms and General Stores at all times
- Ensuring achievement of planned EBITDA of each showroom on a month on month basis
- Participate in Capex planning for every store/project to keep the expenditure within approved limits for each project.
- Participate in HR planning for Retail Showrooms in terms of Manning Provision Standards and Recruitment Planning and Execution and ensure that every showroom is adequately staffed.
- Set standards for productivity of showroom staff and ensure that the productivity is consistently achieved by maintaining the right manpower size in every showroom and not under-staffing or over-staffing any showroom.
- Achieve the projected Gross Profits from each product category of all the stores on month on month basis in accordance with company’s Annual Operating Plan.
- Achieve the Stock Turn objectives of each product category of all the stores on month on month basis in accordance with company’s Annual Operating Plan.
- Buying merchandise from both in-house manufacturing and outsourced vendors at most competitive terms in Gold, Diamond, Platinum jewellery and Silver products and achieve the projected Gross Margins from all the divisions consistently on a month on month basis.
|Req. Competencies |
Key Result Area:
- Plan and Control Manning Provisioning of every store in coordination with Sr. Manager-Retail Sales, ASMs and Retail HR.
- Personnel up-gradation, Impart desired Training, Enhance competencies of each Individual through co-ordination with Sr. Manager-Retail Sales and Sr. Manager-Training
- Control and keep Petty Cash expenses and all other showroom operating expenses within planned limits – in coordination with Sr. Manager-Retail Sales, ASMs and Retail HR
- Analyzing the findings of internal audit team and suggest improvements to the concerned Heads of showrooms, ASMs and Sr. Manager-Retail Sales.
- Merchandising Buying Function
- Maximize conversions and minimize Non Conversions in every store by stocking the right design mix in accordance with Merchandise Plan and OTB at all times, in coordination with AGM-Merchandising.
- Selecting the seasonal designs in line with the Merchandising Plan for Gold, Diamond, Platinum jewellery and Silver products to refresh designs in all the showrooms from time to time.
- Recommend and participate in pricing strategy of Gold jewellery and Silver products and arrive at competitive pricing to achieve targeted GP as fixed by the company on a month on month basis
- Assess market gaps – Introduce new products/collections in Gold, Diamond, Platinum and Silver from time to time in coordination with AGM-Merchandising and Sr. Manager-Retail Sales
- Continuously co-ordinate with showrooms to assess their design/product needs and help them achieve Sales goals consistently
- To identify potential areas for Expansion
- To assess the feasibility of business expansion and propose new outlets
- Ensure strict compliance of SOP by all the showrooms in coordination with Sr. Manager-Retail Sales
Key Performance Indicators:
- Monthly and Annual Achievement of Gross Margins from every category as per AOP
- Monthly and Annual Achievement of Stock Turn projections from every category
- Monthly and Annual Achievement of Targeted EBITDA of all the showrooms
- Operating Expenditure of every store within AOP limits – every month
|Recruiter Name ||Nandhakumar S|
|Contact Email IDemail@example.com|
|Apply Now |